Evesham is a historic and picturesque market town in South Worcestershire. The town was build around 8th-century Abbey which was destroyed and only Abbot Lichfield’s Bell Tower remaining. Evesham Abbey is surrounded by lovely gardens and a park. River Avon that runs across the town centre makes it ever so popular gathering for families, celebrations and annual River Boat Festival. Therefore, if you are looking to move anywhere near the heart of Evesham buying a canal boat or a rowing boat will cross your mind. You have been warned!
The area is ever so popular and the prices are one of the highest in Worcestershire. As the Vale of Evesham is attached to the Cotswolds border you will find here very reasonable property prices when comparing with the Cotswolds market. Great choice of schooling, excellent commuter network and loads of outdoor opportunities if you love spending time outdoors. The town’s excellent position allows you to drive within:
- 30-40 minutes to Worcester, Worcestershire
- 30-40 minutes to Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- 30 minutes to Stratford-Upon-Avon, Warwickshire
- 50 minutes to Birmingham International Airport, West Midlands
Population according to 2011 census was 23,576. It is a growing community and housing supply is on the rise with the recent green light for further 460 houses to be built off Cheltenham Road next to the Evesham football ground. The town’s infrastructure is tested to the limits although comparing with the adjoining towns it is quite impressive. We believe this will improve with the growing demand.
Evesham residential property market during 2017 recorded 852 sale transactions on 847 properties. Average property price was £256,257.
10 most expensive streets in WR11
- £985,000 – Evesham Road, Norton, Evesham
- £980,000 – St. Peter’s Lane, Dumbleton, Evesham
- £965,000 – Court Lane, Offenham, Evesham
- £900,000 – Atch Lench, Evesham
- £855,000 – Evesham Road, Cleeve Prior, Evesham
- £770,000 – Abbotswood, Evesham
- £740,000 – Main Street, Sedgeberrow, Evesham
- £735,000 – Greenavon Close, Evesham
- £725,000 – Boston Lane, Hinton on the Green, Evesham
- £725,000 – Harvington Lane, Norton, Evesham
South Worcestershire is a truly magnificent area to live in. If you are thinking of relocating up here there are currently 348 properties on the market in WR11 (Evesham) area for sale and only 53 available to let.